Tuesday 17 March 2015

Convention of a Feel Good Drama: My Film Vs TBEMH

Throughout this project, I always had to remember the codes and convention of a feel-good drama when making my title sequence. That is one of the reason what I analysed other films relevant to my chosen genre. I have decided to compare my film with The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (TBEMH), which is the film most similar to mine.


The first thing I looked at was the cinematography. In this genre, one convention is to have multiple close up in the film, so the audience can tell how the character is feeling. Both my film and TBEMH have done this.





Another thing I looked act is the iconography. As both of these film have a theme of India, they have to have objects to do with the country. One thing TBEMH used is the buggies, which is a popular mode of transport in India. My film used multiple objects such as an a floaty dress which Indian colours and patterns. orchid (Indian flower), Indian travel guides, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment