Looking back at this project, I felt I have leant many lessons, which have made us create a good title sequence. There have been many disagreements but eventually we managed to pull everything together. This has all helped me develop my skills as an editor, producer and cinematographer. This project was split into two section, research and planning, and production.
The research and planning stage was about looking into title sequences and finding research and inspiration for our own. This has helped me learn the codes and conventions of a title sequence and what they should look like. Initially I looked at horror title sequences to start with (e.g. Zombieland), as they are the easier ones to analyse due to the iconography. I then looked into more sequence to do with my chosen genre (e.g. Forest Gump). This I found quite difficult has its hard to spot the iconography for a feel-good drama, but I managed to get it in the end. This all helped lead toward the development of our title sequence.
Using my research and planning previously, we manage to make a title sequence from it. This taught me that planning and research is key in making a successful title sequence. What was successful about my preliminary task is the postproduction side, as without it, we would have no idea what we would be doing. We changed our storyboard multiple times to suit our narrative until which we finally found success. What I thought was unsuccessful was our animatic as we didn't put lot of detail into it and if I had more time I would redo it.
The production side was the film, editing and exhibition side of the coursework. The filming part of the coursework was very time consuming, as we had to redo shots and film in different locations multiple times due to lighting, shots, etc. which left me not a lot of time to edit the whole sequence. However, I worked around it and managed to finish everything in which I think the sequence is a huge success. The exhibition of our film to our target audience I thought was hard in a way as I did not agree with some of their criticism, however I took everything on board which helped me complete the improvements that needed to be don't to make our film a success.
If I were to do this project again, I would consider working by myself as, even though it would mean more work, I think it would be less stressful and would have more choice in what I want to do.